Course Length: Two days/16 hours
This course will provide a broad overview on the installation of guardrails and associated devices, including: assessment of work site topography and site conditions; proper layout of a work site; location, installation, and maintenance of guardrail and terminal sections; documentation of materials, inspections and incidents; as well as where to find the most up-to-date resources and information regarding guardrail installation.
Students are required to complete a written exam. A grade of 80% or greater is considered passing. A student receiving a passing grade of 80% or better will receive an attendance certificate.
A student receiving less than 80% on the final exam can take a make-up exam for an additional fee. Contact email@example.com for more information. Students who fail the final exam and the makeup exam must retake the full course.
Certification is available for this training course. If the student applies for and is approved for certification, the student will receive the following:
- Certification card
- Registration on the ATSSA National Database (accessible online)
To be certified, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Score 80% or greater on the Guardrail Installation Training (GIT) final exam
- Have one-year (2,000 hours) guardrail installation experience (including installation, maintenance, removal, and inspection of products and systems), of which 1,000 hours MUST be in a foreman or supervisor capacity
- Complete the Certification Application and pay the certification fee
- Provide two (2) professional references to verify work zone experience
- Be approved by the ATSSA Certification Board
Certification is valid for 4 years from the date of the exam.