To provide comprehensive instruction and interactive discussion on the Federal-aid Highway Program (FAHP), highway funding, and the Uniform and Programmatic requirements associated with administering FHWA grants/projects.
|Objectives / Topics
- Identify and explain key terms, concepts, and definitions
- Understand how FHWA programs are structured and funded
- Describe the requirements of stewardship and oversight and subrecipient monitoring
- Understand the Federal-aid Highway Program Authorization Process
- Explain State DOT, Local, and MPO roles and responsibilities in managing FHWA grants/projects
- Describe how the Administrative and Programmatic Requirements (2 CFR Part 200 and 23 CFR, 49 CFR) apply to the administration and management of FHWA grants/projects (e.g. allowable vs. eligible cost, cost principles, procurement standards, financial standards, audits, etc.)
- Understand the FHWA Project Funds Management policy
- Apply workshop concepts and principles in classroom exercises.